|(1)Lumens @ 500mA||592 lm|
|(2)Color Temperature (Nominal)||5000K|
| (3)Beam Angle||120°|
|(4)Recommended Operating Current||500 mA|
|Maximum Rated Drive Current||1000 mA|
|(5)Typical Forward Voltage||11.2 Vf|
|(5,7)Maximum Forward Voltage||13 Vf|
|(2)Thermal Resistance||8 C°/W|
|Max Recommended Junction Temp||135 °C|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 to 135 °C|
|Dimensions L x W x H||20 x 20 x 2.3 mm|
- Typical lumens output of center flux bin.
- Values based on 500mA and a Thermal Pad temperature of 25 °C.
- Viewing angle is the off axis angle from lamp centerline where the luminous intensity is ½ of the peak value.
- This is the maximum operating current that we recommend for this LED. Higher drive currents may be possible, but will require careful design of a suitable cooling system.
- At the recommended operating current.
- Typical thermal resistance from the LED Junction to the bottom of the board.
- This is the value we recommend you use for determining driver input voltage.
- This information is for reference only. Refer to the manufacturers datasheet for official specifications.
The Saber Z5 must be operated in a manner that will ensure that the junction temperature of the LEDs are kept well below the maximum ratings as specified in the LED datasheet. A heat sink must always be used when operating this module. The size of the heat sink will depend on the ambient temperature and the current that is used to power the LEDs. Bench testing that we have conducted with a SZ-05 module with all LEDs powered at 700mA in an open air environment and an ambient temperature of 25°C has indicated that a heat sink with a thermal rating of 10 C°/W or lower should be adequate. However, you will need to perform your own testing and analysis to determine if this size of heat sink will be suitable for your application.
For optimal cooling, we recommend that the module be mounted to a suitable finned heat sink (aluminum or copper) that is exposed to open air. The module can be mounted to the heat sink in one of two ways:
Before fastening the module to the heat sink, ensure that the two mating surfaces are perfectly flat and clean in order to maximize heat transfer to the the sink. This module is not designed to be fastened with screws.
The bottom of the LED module is electrically neutral, so it is not necessary to electrically isolate the base from the cooling surface.
The Saber Z5 has been specifically designed to accommodate any Carclo 20mm optic that can be mounted into the Carclo 20mm Pegged Foot Optic Holder. You will find a complete list of 100% compatible optics here.
We currently do not carry these optics, however the Saber Z5 is also compatible with:
If you order more than one piece of this part, pieces may be shipped as part of a routed panel that is v-scored so that each carrier tab can be separated from the panel.
Do you need LEDs with a specific flux, color or forward voltage? Order this part in 1,000 piece increments and we will build it using LEDs from the same bin. We can also provide specific bin numbers. Contact us for availability.
Click here to learn more about LED binning.