|LED Color||Cool White|
|(1)Lumens @ 350mA||945 lm|
|(1)Lumens @ 700mA||1645 lm|
|(1)Lumens @ 1000mA||2240 lm|
|(2)Wavelength Range||4500K to 10000K|
|(2)Color Rendering Index||70 CRI|
|(5)Recommended Operating Current||700 mA|
|Maximum Rated Drive Current||1000 mA|
|(1,6)Typical Forward Voltage||20.3 Vf|
|(1,6,8)Maximum Forward Voltage||22.75 Vf|
|(7)Thermal Resistance||6.7 C°/W|
|Max Recommended Junction Temp||150 °C|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 to 135 °C|
|Dimensions L x W x H||40 x 40 x 3.7 mm|
- LEDs connected in series.
- Values based on 700mA and a Thermal Pad temperature of 25 °C.
- Note that while the typical color temperature for this LED module is shown as 5650K, LEDs with temperatures lower than 6000K are rarely available. The more common bins have color temperatures of 6000K or higher
- Viewing angle is the off axis angle from lamp centerline where the luminous intensity is ½ of the peak value.
- This is the maximum operating current that we recommend for this LED module. Higher drive currents may be possible, but will require careful design of a suitable cooling system.
- At the recommended operating current.
- Typical thermal resistance from the LED Junction to the bottom of the module.
- This is the value we recommend you use for determining driver input voltage.
- This information is for reference only. Refer to the manufacturers datasheet for official specifications.
A Vishay NTC 10K Thermistor (NTHS0805N02N1002J) is mounted to the board to monitor temperature and can be used for foldback temperature control. For more information about using the thermistor, please review our SP-02 Onboard Thermistor Temperature Measurement application note.
SP-02-W5 LED modules must be operated to ensure that the junction temperature of the LEDs are kept well below the maximum ratings as specified in the LXML-PWC2 datasheet. A suitable finned heat sink or other cooling method must always be used when operating this module. The size of the heat sink will depend on the ambient temperature and the current that is used to power the LEDs. Bench testing that we have conducted with a SP-02-W5 module powered at 700mA in an open air environment and an ambient temperature of 25°C has indicated that a heat sink with a thermal rating of 9 C°/W or lower should be adequate. However, you will need to perform your own testing and analysis to determine if this size of heat sink will be suitable for your application.
The SP-02-W5 must be fastened to the heat sink using a thermal interface material such as our pre-cut Bond-Ply 100 pressure sensitive, double sided thermal tape or Arctic Silver thermal adhesive. Before fastening the module to the heat sink, ensure that the two mating surfaces are perfectly flat and clean in order to maximize heat transfer to the the sink.
Mechanical fasteners are not recommended for this module.
The bottom of the module is electrically neutral, so it is not necessary to electrically isolate the base from the cooling surface.
The SP-02-W5 has been specifically designed to accommodate the Polymer and Khatod 7 Cell Cluster series of optics, including:
This LED module can be powered in parallel or in series with the addition of 0 ohm resistors or solder dots.
Want to power this module from a voltage as low as 10VDC? Then check out the FlexBlock LED driver. A single driver can power all 7 of these LEDs connected in series with any voltage from 10V to 18V*.
* The maximum input voltage to the driver must be less than the total forward voltage of all series connected LEDs.
Need a mixture of different color LEDs mounted to this board? A color mixing version of this LED module is available.
The SP-02-W5 can be ordered in any quantity with quantity discounts available.
If you order more than one piece of this part, pieces may be shipped as part of a v-scored panel.
Important Note About Stock: We usually only keep a small number of this part in stock. However, we can produce virtually any quantity that you may require on demand. Please contact us for lead times for orders above 1,000 pieces.
Do you need LED modules with a specific flux, color or forward voltage? Order this part in 1,000 piece increments and we will supply it using LEDs from the same bin. We can also provide specific bin numbers. Contact us for availability.
Click here to learn more about LED binning.