The SR-02-D0000 has been specifically designed to accommodate the Polymer and Khatod 7 Cell Cluster series of optics, including:
The LEDs can be powered singly or in series with the addition of 0 ohm resistors or solder dots. A Vishay NTC 10K Thermistor (NTHS0805N02N1002J) is mounted to the board to monitor temperature and can be used for foldback temperature control. For more information about using the thermistor, please review our SR-02 Thermal Measurement Guidelines document.
Want to power this LED assembly from a voltage as low as 10VDC? Then check out the FlexBlock LED driver. A single driver can power all 7 of these LEDs connected in series with any voltage from 10V to 18V*.
Need a mixture of different color LEDs pre-mounted to this board? A custom version of this assembly is also available.
* The maximum input voltage to the driver must be less than the total forward voltage of all series connected LEDs.
|mW @ 350mA (1,8)
|mW @ 700mA (1,8)
| Efficacy @ 350mA
||41% Rad (From datasheet)
| Efficacy @ 700mA
||38% Rad (From datasheet)
|Typical Wavelength (2)
|Wavelength Range (2)
||650 to 670 nm
|Beam Angle (2)
|Recommended Operating Current (3,4)
|Maximum Rated Drive Current
|Typical Forward Voltage (5)
|Maximum Forward Voltage (5,7)
|Thermal Resistance (2,6)
|Max Recommended Junction Temp
|Operating Temperature Range
||-40 to 120 °C
|Dimensions L x W x H
||40 x 40 x 5 mm
- Values for LEDs from flux bin D.
- Values based on 350mA and a Thermal Pad temperature of 25C.
- Viewing angle is the off axis angle from lamp centerline where the luminous intensity is ½ of the peak value.
- This is the maximum operating current that we recommend for this LED. Higher drive currents may be possible, but will require careful design of a suitable cooling system.
- At 350mA.
- Typical thermal resistance from the LED Junction to the bottom of the FR4 board.
- This is the value we recommend you use for determining driver input voltage.
- As deep red LEDs are close to the IR range, LEDs are rated by radiometric power (mW) instead of lumens.
* Results will vary depending on the quality of the dielectric material used in the MCPCB base.
Additional Ordering Information
The SR-02-D0000 can be ordered in any quantity with quantity discounts available.
If you order more than one piece of this part, pieces may be shipped as part of a routed panel with v-scored tabs for separating the parts from the panel.
Important Note About Stock: We usually only keep a small number of this part in stock. However, we can produce virtually any quantity that you may require on demand. Please contact us for lead times for orders above 300 pieces.
Do you need LEDs with a specific flux, color or forward voltage? Order this part in 300 piece increments and we will build it using LEDs from the same bin. We can also provide specific bin numbers. Contact us for availability.
Click here to learn more about LED binning.
SR-02-D0000 LED assemblies must be operated to ensure that the junction temperature of the LEDs are kept well below the maximum ratings as specified in the LXM3-PD01 datasheet. A heat sink must always be used when operating this assembly. The size of the heat sink will depend on the ambient temperature and the current that is used to power the LEDs. Bench testing that we have conducted with a SR-02-WN300 assembly powered at 700mA in an open air environment and an ambient temperature of 25°C has indicated that a heat sink with a thermal rating of 3.5 C°/W or lower should be adequate. However, you will need to perform your own testing and analysis to determine if this size of heat sink will be suitable for your application.
The SR-02-D0000 must be fastened to the heat sink using a thermal interface material such as our pre-cut Bond-Ply 100 pressure sensitive, double sided thermal tape or Arctic Silver thermal adhesive. If you are using thermal tape, we recommend that the assembly also be fastened to the heat sink using three 4-40 screws. Before fastening the assembly to the heat sink, ensure that the two mating surfaces are perfectly flat and clean in order to maximize heat transfer to the the sink. Be careful not to warp or distort the PC Board by over tightening the screws.