|(1)Lumens @ 500mA||36 lm|
|(2)Wavelength Range||620 to 645nm|
| (3)Beam Angle||145°|
|(4)Recommended Operating Current||500 mA|
|Maximum Rated Drive Current||1000 mA|
|(5)Typical Forward Voltage||2.2 Vf|
|(5,7)Maximum Forward Voltage||2.75 Vf|
|(2)Thermal Resistance||9.5 C°/W|
|Max Recommended Junction Temp||135 °C|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 to 120 °C|
|Dimensions L x W x H||5 x 5 x 1.8 mm|
- Typical lumens output of center flux bin.
- Values based on 500mA and a Thermal Pad temperature of 25 °C.
- Viewing angle is the off axis angle from lamp centerline where the luminous intensity is ½ of the peak value.
- This is the maximum operating current that we recommend for this LED. Higher drive currents may be possible, but will require careful design of a suitable cooling system.
- At the recommended operating current.
- Typical thermal resistance from the LED Junction to the bottom of the board.
- This is the value we recommend you use for determining driver input voltage.
- This information is for reference only. Refer to the manufacturers datasheet for official specifications.
Mounting & Thermal Management
Use of this module requires careful attention to mounting and cooling to ensure that the junction temperature of the LED is kept well below the maximum rating as specified in the LED documentation published by Lumileds.
For optimal cooling, we recommend that the module be mounted to a suitable finned heat sink (aluminum or copper) that is exposed to open air. The module can be mounted to the heat sink in one of two ways:
The bottom of the LED module is electrically neutral, so it is not necessary to electrically isolate the base from the cooling surface.
The SM-01 is compatible with any optic that has been certified for use with the LUXEON Z series of LEDs. There are no optic alignment holes or notches, so the designer will need to ensure that the LED is correctly aligned under the secondary optic.
The Saber Micro-Z1 is provided as part of a Carrier Tab. The tab is v-scored so that the LED module can be easily separated from the carrier.
The carrier tab makes it easier to handle the Saber Z1 during transport, storage and module, minimizing the risk of damage to the LED emitting surface.
The carrier tab also includes 16 soldering practice pads where you can refine your small part soldering skills before you solder leads to the Micro-Z1 module.
If you order more than one piece of this part, pieces may be shipped as part of a routed panel that is v-scored so that each carrier tab can be separated from the panel.
Do you need LEDs with a specific flux, color or forward voltage? Order this part in 1,000 piece increments and we will build it using LEDs from the same bin. We can also provide specific bin numbers. Contact us for availability.
Click here to learn more about LED binning.