The LEDs on this assembly can be connected and powered in series or singly for full control of each LED making the SR-08-R0500 ideally suited for:
Need four different color LEDs mounted to this base? We offer a customizable version here.
- Bicycle Lights
- Diving Lights
- Color Tuned Lighting
- Spot lighting
- Task Lamps
- Fiber Optic Illuminators
|mW @ 350mA (1)
|mW @ 700mA (1)
|Radian Efficacy @ 350mA
||48% Rad (From datasheet)
|Radian Efficacy @ 700mA
||40% Rad (From datasheet)
|Typical Wavelength (2)
|Wavelength Range (2)
||440 to 460 nm
|Beam Angle (2)
|Recommended Operating Current (3,4)
|Maximum Rated Drive Current
|Typical Forward Voltage (5)
|Maximum Forward Voltage (5,7)
|Thermal Resistance (2,6)
|Max Recommended Junction Temp
|Operating Temperature Range
||-40 to 135 °C
|Dimensions L x W x H
||23 x 23 x 5 mm
- As royal-blue LEDs are close to the UV range, LEDs are rated by radiometric power (mW) instead of lumens.
- Values based on 350mA and a Thermal Pad temperature of 25C.
- Viewing angle is the off axis angle from lamp centerline where the luminous intensity is ½ of the peak value.
- This is the maximum operating current that we recommend for this LED. Higher drive currents may be possible, but will require careful design of a suitable cooling system.
- At 350mA.
- Typical thermal resistance from the LED Junction to the bottom of the FR4 board.
- This is the value we recommend you use for determining driver input voltage.
* Results will vary depending on the quality of the dielectric material used in the MCPCB base.
The SR-08-R0500 can be ordered in any quantity with quantity discounts available.
If you order more than one piece of this part, pieces may be shipped as part of a v-scored panel
Important Note About Stock: We usually only keep a small number of this part in stock. However, we can produce virtually any quantity that you may require on demand. Please contact us for lead times for orders above 1,000 pieces.
Do you need LEDs with a specific flux, color or forward voltage? Order this part in 1,000 piece increments and we will build it using LEDs from the same bin. We can also provide specific bin numbers. Contact us for availability.
Click here to learn more about LED binning.
SR-08-R0500 LED assemblies must be operated to ensure that the junction temperature of the LEDs are kept well below the maximum ratings as specified in the LXML-PR01-0500 datasheet. A heat sink must always be used when operating this assembly. The size of the heat sink will depend on the ambient temperature and the current that is used to power the LEDs. Bench testing that we have conducted with a SR-08-WN300 assembly powered at 700mA in an open air environment and an ambient temperature of 25°C has indicated that a heat sink with a thermal rating of 8 C°/W or lower should be adequate. However, you will need to perform your own testing and analysis to determine if this size of heat sink will be suitable for your application.
The SR-08-R0500 must be fastened to the heat sink using a thermal interface material such as our pre-cut Bond-Ply 100 pressure sensitive, double sided thermal tape or Arctic Silver thermal adhesive. Before fastening the assembly to the heat sink, ensure that the two mating surfaces are perfectly flat and clean in order to maximize heat transfer to the the sink. Be careful not to warp or distort the PC Board by over tightening the screws.