Resistors are not recommended for powering high brightness LEDs.
High brightness LEDs are current driven devices that must be powered using a current regulated power source. Current limiting resistors or voltage regulated power supplies are not suitable for providing current regulated or current limited power to high brightness LED. We will only warrant LEDs that are driven using a current regulating driver or power supply specifically designed for high brightness LEDs.
Current Regulating Drivers for LEDs are:
- Extremely efficient - unlike resistors, they run cool
- Provides precise current regulation and protection regardless of the input voltage
- Make it easy to dim the LED with just a potentiometer
- Are available with 350mA, 700mA and 1000mA outputs
- Are just as easy to use as a resistor